Last week, REDD-Monitor wrote about the Democratic Republic of Congo’s delegation to COP23 in Bonn. The questions in the headline pretty much sum up the post: “Why did the Democratic Republic of Congo send 340 delegates to COP23 in Bonn? And who paid?”
The post ended with some questions for Kevin Conrad, the Executive Director of the Coalition for Rainforest Nations.
Two questions came from independent researcher Arnaud Labrousse, who wanted to know about two of the people in DRC’s delegation who claimed to be representing CfRN in Bonn:
- Denise Dje-Komenan – the director of a property company in London; and
- Sengboni Te Litho – a personal shopper to rich Moroccans living in Kinshasa.
Conrad responds that both of their “claims to be associated with the CfRN are false”.
From: Kevin Conrad
To: Arnaud Labrousse
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017
Subject: Re: CfRN members DRC delegation COP23?
Just a quick note to confirm that neither of the individuals you identify below were authorized as advisors to the CfRN.
Related to COP23, we did not authorize their participation, contribute any funding, meet them, etc. Thus, any claims to be associated with the CfRN are false.
Thanks for confirming. We wish you all the best in your efforts!
Two down, four to go
Last week, REDD-Monitor sent four more questions to Conrad, which he has so far not answered. I have re-sent the questions today and asked for an on the record response. Here are the questions:
- Please provide a full list of all the Coalition for Rainforest Nations delegates in Bonn.
- What were each of their roles during COP23?
- Who funded their travel to Bonn, their hotel and food costs, and their per diems while they were there?
- The Coalition for Rainforest Nations website states that, “Audited financial information is available upon request”. Please send me a copy of the audited financial information for the Coalition for Rainforest Nations.
I look forward to posting Conrad’s replies to these questions in full and unedited when they arrive.
REDD-Monitor has also written to Sengboni Te Litho to ask why she claimed to be representing the Coalition for Rainforest Nations in Bonn, when, according to CfRN’s Executive Director, such claims are false.